Part-Time Dining Room Attendant/Dishwasher
Tuesday January 14
Saint Meinrad Archabbey has year-round part-time openings in the Archabbey kitchen. Help is needed weekdays, evenings, as well as weekends -- an average of 15-28 hours per week, depending on availability.
This may be a great opportunity for a high school student (at least 16 years old) or a retiree living in the local area and looking for part-time work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Responsible for setting up salad bar, desserts, and all cold food items in the dining rooms, typically during evening meals.
- Make coffee and tea.
- Maintain cleanliness of and stocks of juice, milk, and soda dispensers.
- Fill ice dispenser in soda machine.
- Monitor dining room for appropriate amount of trays, plates, silverware, and any other items needed for dinner service.
- Interact with guests, assisting them with meals, transactions, or general customer service. Work the cash register as needed to handle cash or interdepartmental transactions.
- Close down the dining room after dinner service by putting away salad bar items, desserts, cleaning tables, floors (as needed), and the drink area. Make sure trash is removed from dining room on a daily basis.
- Dishwashing duties:
- Receive, scrape, and wash dishes from dining rooms.
- Store washed dishes in proper places.
- Clean elephant from Newman and return clean bus pans and empty racks to elephant for the next meal.
- Wash and store dishes and utensils used by salad department.
- Wash and store pots and pans.
- Clean up after special functions and in-house catering.
- Clean dish room area.
- Maintain supply of chemicals needed in work area.
- May be needed to work in Guest House or monastery dish rooms.
- Clean and fill dish machine.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic reading, writing and numeric skills.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Requires standing for long periods, crouching, reaching and pushing.
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources office, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7 a.m.-3 p.m.). Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 812-357-8262.