Friday February 7
Saint Meinrad Archabbey has an opening for a full-time Cook in the Food Services department. This individual will be responsible for fulfilling all catering orders.
This includes, but is not limited to, assistance with items needed for catering orders, prep the day before, current day event set-up, event tear-down, communication with bakery and Guest Services, and food prep for events. This co-worker will also be responsible for hot foods for the Guest House. As time permits, he/she will help other cooks.
The work schedule includes every other weekend.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Check catering forms for current and next day.
- Gather supplies and food items.
- Prepare and cook the lunch and dinner meal for Guest House.
- Consolidate leftover food and determine best usage.
- Cover, date, label and store all leftover food.
- Communicate with Guest House Attendant on how to present meals.
- Set up catering events with same style platters, polished utensils, etc.
- Set up food carts for delivery to catering events.
- Assume responsibility for Food Services department in absence of Directors and Head Cook.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently and have an ability to work under time pressure.
- Two years as cook or cook’s assistant in high-volume restaurant or cooking experience in nursing home/hospital.
- Must have ability to read recipes and follow detailed written instructions.
- Lifting (up to 50 pounds) is required, and must be able to push food service carts and equipment. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7 a.m.-3 p.m.). Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.