Thursday May 21
Abbey Caskets is seeking a qualified carpenter/finisher to cut, fabricate, build and finish caskets and other products according to specifications.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Perform operations required to manufacture, assemble, and pack caskets and other products.
- Provide recommendations on process and procedures to drive efficiencies and optimize process flow.
- Adhere to quality control standards.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Foster an environment that encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Load and unload deliveries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and established procedures.
- Proven experience as an assembler and finisher in woodworking.
- Technical knowledge and ability to read blueprints, drawings, etc.
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to use woodworking tools and machines.
- Good understanding of quality control principles.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must operate a forklift.
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based operating systems.
- Requires heavy lifting and ability to stand for long periods of time.
Applications may be completed online, or you can call Human Resources to request an application be mailed to you (812-357-8329). Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.