Finish Room Technician
Wednesday March 31
Abbey Caskets is seeking a full-time Finish Room Technician. This position requires an individual with experience in wood finishing, especially spray. Abbey Caskets works with a variety of finishes and applications on a production basis. Experience with finish carpentry is a plus. The job requires the ability to understand, and succeed in, a complex and dynamic production environment. All work is very collaborative, so the ability to work seamlessly with others is critical.
We offer an excellent wage and benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; generous paid time off; and company-paid life, disability and retirement programs.
Open interviews will be held on Saturday, April 17, from 8 a.m. until noon CDT. The Abbey Caskets building is located on Highway 545 in St. Meinrad, near the Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Finish room operator
- Sealer sanding
- Maintain spray booth, spray equipment, and ventilation equipment
- Maintain work area and account for all assigned tools and equipment
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating needs, and placing orders for supplies
- Complete all work in compliance with approved company safety policies (SOPs and training) and OSHA requirements
- Ensure all SDS documentation is current, complete and posted at site
- Provide recommendations on processes and procedures to drive efficiencies and optimize process flow
- Adhere to quality control standards
- Casket upholstery
- Finish carpentry
- Maintain job site cleanliness
- Load and unload deliveries
- Operate other equipment on as-needed basis
- Perform other duties as requested by Abbey Caskets director
- Experience as finisher in woodworking; knowledge of touch-up on multiple finishes and finishing processes
- Experience with spray guns (HVLP and/or air-assisted), spray equipment and techniques
- Woodworking experience with wide knowledge of stains, lacquers, paints, and urethanes
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and established procedures; exceptional attention to detail
- Carpentry skills
- Good understanding of quality control principles
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, ability to stand for long periods, and perform heavy lifting
- Must operate forklift
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based operating systems
Applications may be completed online or you may contact the Human Resources Department for an application (812-357-8329). Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.