Tuesday May 18
Saint Meinrad Archabbey is seeking a RN to work full time in the Monastery Infirmary. The Infirmary is an acute/chronic nursing unit with a homelike environment.
We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; and company-paid life and disability programs. Eligible for paid vacation and company sponsored profit sharing.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications
- Assess medical situations based on evidence to address treatment options.
- Use of Universal Precautions & Proper Handwashing.
- Monitoring nursing services to ensure residents’ rights and needs are met, as well as review, maintain written record, and promptly report to Infirmary Supervisor all resident complaints/grievances (including but not limited to abuse/neglect allegations).
- Answer patients’ call lights.
- Transport patients in wheelchairs to meals, chapel, etc.
- Bathe and assist with dressing and with daily care.
- Ensure patient’s comfort, positioning, and skin care.
- Supervise meals and/or feeding, dispensing water, juice, etc.
- Check vital statistics and related patient data, including liquid intake/output, chart, and weight.
- Administer oral and topical medications, injections, IV’s, nasogastric tube, gastrostomy tube medications, change bandages and dress wounds, as well as provide other treatments.
- Monitor glucose levels of diabetic patients.
- Observe and report changes in patient condition and report any incidents.
- Maintain order in patient rooms, and nurses' office.
- Clean equipment, fold/put away laundry and make beds.
- Consult with physicians, and receive and transcribe physician medical orders.
- Assist in coordinating staffing schedule.
- Assist in training new staff.
- Assist and medically assess walk-ins after hours and/or on weekends and holidays when Health Service is closed, and report to infirmary supervisor.
- Admit and discharge residents.
- Pedicures for diabetic and circulation-impaired residents of the monastery.
- Document and maintain accurate patient records.
- Obtain lab draws and other specimens.
- Make independent decisions regarding nursing care to ensure residents are receiving proper care.
- Observe/monitor non-licensed co-workers.
- Ensure patient safety and ensure personnel, residents, and visitors follow established policies & procedures (including but not limited to appearance & professional conduct, harassment, abuse/neglect policies, infection control, drug-free workplace, emergency actions, accident/incidents, etc.).
- Ensure restorative/rehabilitative/self-care programs are completed and are appropriate and individualized.
- Ensure proper post-mortem procedures are followed.
- Registered Nurse License in the State of Indiana in good standing
- CPR certification
- TB certification (recommended)
- Previous experience working with adult & elderly populations preferred
- Positive/caring attitude and the ability to provide care with dignity and respect, with the resident’s well-being the top priority
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Expertise in performing basic and complex nursing procedures
- Ability to speak/understand and read/write English
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop.
A cover letter and resume may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Saint Meinrad Archabbey
Human Resources Dept.
200 Hill Drive
St. Meinrad, IN 47577