Director of Permanent Deacon Formation
Tuesday June 1
Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology is seeking a skilled, experienced and highly motivated Director of Permanent Deacon Formation Program.
The Director is responsible for managing all aspects of Saint Meinrad’s program, overseeing the academic formation of permanent deacon candidates in a number of different dioceses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Cultivate and negotiate terms of service with new dioceses for initial and ongoing formation, including support of a Spanish-language curriculum.
- Hire and oversee guest lecturers for the program and work with diocesan deacon formation directors to monitor candidates’ progress in their studies.
- Oversee smooth course delivery in both in-person and distance formats.
- At least a master’s-level degree in a theological field.
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication, creative thinking and strategic business planning.
- Excellent organization, time management and budgeting skills.
- Knowledge and appreciation of Roman Catholic tradition.
- Understanding of diaconal ministry and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
Human Resources Department
Saint Meinrad Archabbey
200 Hill Drive
St. Meinrad, IN 47577
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org