Mail Clerk & Delivery
Tuesday June 22
The Mail Clerk & Delivery position is responsible for pick up and delivery of mail along with other package items between the US Post Office in St. Meinrad, the Archabbey mailroom, and other departments of the Archabbey. Also provides support to the Manager of Duplicating & Mail Services in providing duplicating and mail services for Saint Meinrad Archabbey. This is a part-time year round position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Pick up mail at the United States Post Office in St. Meinrad, IN, and deliver to Saint Meinrad Archabbey mail room.
- Pick up mail and packages from designated Archabbey departments.
- Pick up mail and packages from mail room and deliver to various locations as required.
- Pick up and deliver other items as requested.
- Collect, post and prepare all outgoing USPS mail and packages.
- Prepare all outgoing UPS and FedEx packages.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and packages.
- Operate and maintain the mail-metering machine according to the operational manuals and respective regulations.
- Be knowledgeable of all USPS, UPS and FedEx rates and regulations.
- Operate and maintain copying machines.
- Operate paper cutter, folding machine and other office equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicant has to be 18 years of age or older
- Have excellent communication skills
- A self-starter
- Capable of working independently with little or no direction.
- Required to have or obtain a valid State of Indiana Driver’s License to retain this position.
- Must have the ability to drive delivery truck safely during inclement weather conditions, including backing into loading docks, and in and out of narrow driveways.
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to email@example.com.