Thursday September 23
We are looking to add to our Housekeeping staff. We have opportunities for both full-time and part-time. Housekeepers are responsible for keeping all areas in a clean and orderly condition. Duties include: dust; vacuum; remove trash; change linens; disinfect rest rooms; clean floors, stairs, walls, lights, windows, furnishings, and other work areas so that health, safety, and cleanliness standards are met. Be available for weekend work when required. Also be available for emergency cleaning anytime (e.g., plumbing or natural flood or accident; construction or repair work mess, etc.).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Required to carry a pager for timely response to a cleaning necessity and help with ever-changing environmental clean-up needs. Due to the campus-wide area of responsibility, full-time housekeepers will provide the cleaning leadership for part-time helpers.
Experience & Qualifications
- School Cleaning – Cleaning administration, faculty, development, and monastic offices, health services clinic, library, conference rooms, lounges, meeting rooms, theaters, classrooms and all school ancillary areas, as well as Gift Shop and Abbey Caskets.
- Guest Cleaning – Cleaning all guest rooms, offices, meeting, dining, campus houses and all other areas supporting guest services.
- Monastery Cleaning – Cleaning guest rooms, clean resident monks' cell restrooms every two weeks, clean non-resident monk cell restroom monthly, auto-scrub the lower level and first-floor hallways and the slype weekly, auto scrub the refectory and the second- and third-floor hallways twice a week.
- Infirmary Cleaning – Daily clean all of the infirmary cells and their restrooms, auto scrub all floor space, kitchen/dining and nurses station. Bi-weekly clean offices, elevator lounge area, lobby and chapel.
- Using the reservation software to create and print daily housekeeping boards.
- Using the reservation software to daily mark all of the rooms clean.
- Clean all hallways, corridors, lobbies, entrances, courtyards, sidewalks, 3 dining rooms, elevators, stairways, windows, windowsills, doors.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty inside wastebaskets and recycling receptacles.
- Empty and clean outdoor ashtrays and trash receptacles. Transport to kitchen drive.
- Clean kitchen drive trash barrels quarterly.
- Restock linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Clean & check all HVAC vents.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Keep all equipment clean and in good working order.
- Polish door accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Remove debris and/or snow from entry ways. Spread ice melt and see that containers are replenished as needed
- Stock and replace light bulbs.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, pillows and bathroom items.
- Use washing machines when necessary; fold dried items.
- Place clean linens in assigned linen closets.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Request repair services (work order), paper, cardboard pick up.
- Deliver refrigerators, ironing boards, and rollaway beds to guests' rooms per request.
- Disinfect public restrooms and guest bathrooms.
- Hang draperies, dust window blinds, clean all glass,
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Report damage, theft, and found articles.
- Return dishes and other items left behind (offices, guest rooms, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.).
- Prepare rooms for meetings, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Assist in cleaning infirmary (nursing home) rooms, belvedere (dining), and office.
- Politely help guests in any way needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as running errands. May work in other areas within the Physical Facilities Department.