Tuesday September 28
Saint Meinrad Archabbey has a full-time cook position open. This position would be responsible for preparing assigned meals; including, but not limited to, lunch for all dining throughout Saint Meinrad Archabbey. They would also prepare special function menus when scheduled, assists with most major function meals, and be available on occasion to replace other cooks in various positions as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Gathers supplies and food items.
- Prepares and cooks the lunch meals.
- Consolidates leftover foods and determines best usage.
- Prepares leftover items for distribution to the poor (Monday through Friday).
- Covers, dates, labels, and stores all leftover foods.
- Sets up serving lines in both dining rooms and has responsibility to ensure adequate amounts of food during meal periods.
- Cleans steamers, fryers, kettles, ovens, and all prep work areas in cooks’ station after use, including weekly cleaning of fryer oils.
- Sets up food carts for delivery to monastery and Guest House.
- Assumes responsibility for Food Service department in absence of Manager and Head Cook.
- Assists in other areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: At least 1 year
Skills and Abilities:
- Two years as cook or cook’s assistant in high-volume restaurant or cooking experience in nursing home/hospital.
- Ability to read recipes and follow detailed written instructions.
- Must be able to work independently and have an ability to work under time pressures.
- Basic math skills needed.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time.
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to email@example.com.