Monday December 27
We are seeking a dedicated and professional RN/LPN to join Saint Meinrad Archabbey. You are responsible for giving the highest level of quality care and treatment to the patients in the Monastery Infirmary. We have evening and night shifts available - full-time, part-time, or weekend option.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Assess medical situations based on evidence to address treatment options.
- Monitoring nursing services to ensure residents’ rights and needs are met, as well as review, maintain written record, and promptly report to Infirmary Supervisor all resident complaints/grievances (including but not limited to abuse/neglect allegations).
- Answer patients’ call lights.
- Transport patients in wheelchairs to meals, chapel, etc.
- Bathe and assist with dressing and with daily care.
- Ensure patient’s comfort.
- Supervise meals and/or feeding, dispensing water, juice, etc.
- Check vital statistics and related patient data, including liquid intake/output, chart, and weight.
- Administer oral and topical medications, injections, IV’s, nasogastric tube, gastrostomy tube medications, change bandages and dress wounds, as well as provide other treatments.
- Monitor glucose levels of diabetic patients.
- Observe and report changes in patient condition and report any incidents.
- Maintain order in patient rooms, and nurses office.
- Clean equipment, fold/put away laundry and make beds.
- Consult with physicians, and receive and transcribe physician medical orders.
- Assist in coordinating staffing schedule.
- Assist in training new staff.
- Assist and medically assess walk-ins after hours and/or on weekends and holidays when Health Service is closed, and report to infirmary supervisor.
- Admit and discharge residents.
- Pedicures for diabetic and circulation-impaired residents of the monastery.
- Document and maintain accurate patient records.
- Obtain lab draws and other specimens.
- Make independent decisions regarding nursing care to ensure residents are receiving proper care.
- Observe/monitor non-licensed co-workers.
- Ensure patient safety and ensure personnel, residents, and visitors follow established policies & procedures (including but not limited to appearance & professional conduct, harassment, abuse/neglect policies, infection control, drug free workplace, emergency actions, accident/incidents, etc.).
- Ensure restorative/rehabilitative/self-care programs are completed and are appropriate and individualized.
- Ensure proper post-mortem procedures are followed.
Education: Registered Nurse License in the State of Indiana in good standing, CPR certification, TB certification (recommended). Previous experience working with adult & elderly populations preferred.
Experience: At least 1 year of experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive/caring attitude and the ability to provide care with dignity and respect, with the resident’s well-being the top priority
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Expertise in performing basic and complex nursing procedures.
- Ability to speak/understand and read/write English.
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.