Director of Health Services
Wednesday December 29
The Director of Health Services leads the team of co-workers who staff the Health Service Clinic and the Monastery Infirmary. The Director ensures that patients receive quality, professional, and compassionate care, providing leadership and effective management of day-to-day clinical and administrative functions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide patient care services including taking medical histories, physical examination, treatment of acute and chronic illnesses, performance of basic medical procedures, providing patient education and counseling, referrals to physicians and other health care providers, and dispensing medications as directed by the physician.
- Coordinate the schedule and work directly with the Health Service physician
- Collaborate with Wellness Director for annual health screenings and wellness initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of care being provided.
- Consult with other health care professionals to provide comprehensive care.
- Monitor policies to ensure that excellent standards of practice are in place that meet regulatory standards and laws.
- Ensure that pertinent patient information is collected and documented in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain appropriate, confidential medical records.
- Schedule after hours and weekend on-call duties.
- Oversee that all equipment is in working order, cleaned, calibrated, and serviced.
- Ensure that all supplies and medications are stocked and stored securely.
- Meet weekly with Infirmary Supervisor to oversee care and ensure adequate staffing of the Monastery Infirmary.
Experience & Qualifications
- Recruit, hire, develop, evaluate, discipline, and reward staff as appropriate.
- Ensure the accuracy of payroll records for Health Services and Monastery Infirmary co-workers.
- Prepare an annual operating budget.
- Oversee the purchasing and billing of Health Services and Monastery Infirmary supplies, services, and equipment while employing the most effective cost control methods possible.
- Develop policies and implement procedures for preventing and controlling outbreaks of infectious disease in the Archabbey community.
- Serve on various committees as requested.
Education: BS in Nursing
Experience: At least 4 years
Skills and Abilities:
- 4+ years nursing experience, including experience in supervision, rehabilitative nursing, psychiatric nursing, geriatric nursing, and community health.
- Health clinic operational knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge in general nursing theory and practice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expertise in performing basic and complex nursing procedures.
- Knowledge of worksite wellness, disease management.
- Knowledge of wellness and health coaching.
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.