Wednesday November 30
The Communications Associate is responsible for writing and researching for a variety of projects for the Communications department of the Development Office and Office of Hispanic and Latino Ministry.
The ideal candidate would have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field along with at least 1 year of experience. Bilingual is a plus. This is primarily an on-site position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Undertake research and write copy for a variety of Development and OHLM communications projects, including stories for the On the Hill newsletter, news releases, and various annual reports.
- Proofread various publications for Development and other Archabbey and Seminary and School of Theology departments, as needed.
- Conduct appropriate research in writing special articles, feature stories and/or series about Saint Meinrad for external communications.
- Assist in research and writing of special projects for the Development Office and for School of Theology programs.
- Develop educational online content and other materials to publicize opportunities and success stories within the OHLM.
- Develop content-rich print materials for the use of other school programs, parish leaders, and those interested in serving the Hispanic and Latino community.
- Use social media to link to regular digital content to share what OHLM is doing and learning that others should know.
- Help develop conference presentations, including the National Catholic Youth Conference and the National Conference for Catholic Youth Ministers.
- Suggest story ideas and help develop image ideas/coordinate scheduling of images needed for the stories.
- Work with OHLM staff to determine what content needs to be translated and work with translators to accomplish this.
- Undertake special projects for the Communications division as needed. Such projects might include surveys, photo database maintenance, etc.
- Develop mailing list of parish and diocesan ministry offices and national organizations with interest in Hispanic and Latino ministry, especially to youth and young adults.
- Participate in Development Office, Communications, and Office for Hispanic and Latino Ministry team meetings, as well as meetings of the Communications Advisory Board, and other committees as appropriate.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Public Relations or related field.
Experience: At least 1 year
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to work with administrators and co-workers in various departments
- Strong visual and analytical skills
- Familiarity with Catholic culture and Hispanic/Latino culture, as well as ability to develop intercultural competency
- Spanish speaking and writing skills a plus
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to email@example.com.