Administrator for Hispanic & Latino Ministry
Monday January 3
The Administrator will lead the office for Hispanic & Latino Ministry, oversee implementation of the project, serve as the public face of the office, work with other school constituents and outside ministry partners to coordinate efforts and to prioritize tasks to fulfill the project goals. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor's degree preferably in theology, have at least 2 years experience, be bilingual, and be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Create accessible opportunities for current and future faith leaders to learn the Spanish language.
- Cultivate creative ways for the Church to provide base-level services that address obstacles for this demographic (time limits, transportation, childcare, food access, basic education).
- Form Catholic faith leaders and their communities so as to offer substantial forms of welcome that cultivate a sense of belonging for Hispanic/Latino Catholic youth and young adults.
- Help pastoral leaders develop and practice skills for negotiating conversations about difficult topics that young people care about, particularly those that touch on social justice issues.
- Give pastoral leaders what they need to become more comfortable celebrating cultures and welcoming their expression, particularly in intercultural parish settings.
- Help pastoral leaders gain skills for adaptation and change to address evolving situations.
- Develop new ways to support the domestic church and faith life outside the parish structure, at least beyond communal gathering for Mass.
- Provide new opportunities for Hispanic/Latino youth to strengthen the rest of the Church by evangelizing and sharing their faith.
- Give ministry leaders the knowledge, confidence, and humility needed to serve this population effectively.
- Oversee execution of all program activities
- Serve as liaison with Seminary and School of Theology program directors
- Serve as primary liaison with Lilly Endowment for this grant
- Supervise and evaluate Administrative Assistant performance
- Co-supervise and evaluate Communications Associate (with Director of Communications)
- Coordinate preparation and oversight of the budget
- Oversee website content and function in collaboration with the Communications Associate.
- Communicate and collaborate with diocesan youth and young adult ministers at local, regional and national levels
- Oversees ongoing evaluation of The Initiative using performance indicators in media, research, current practices.
- Creates a plan of sustainability to be implemented as the Initiative progresses.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in theology
Experience: At least 2 years experience. Experience in parish/campus youth/young adult ministry preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Skills for organization, planning, budgeting, collaboration
- Strong communication skills in English and Spanish, both written and verbal (including presentations)
- Ability to network
- Creativity, flexibility, forward vision, positive empowerment of others
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to email@example.com.