Administrative Assistant for Hispanic & Latino Ministry
Monday January 3
The Administrative Assistant will support the Catholic faith leaders, maintain and update all records, assist with events, manage program billing, record minutes, maintain correspondence, and perform day-to-day office administrative responsibilities. The ideal candidate would have an Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field, at least 1 year of experience, be bilingual, and be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the church.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Create accessible opportunities for current and future faith leaders to learn the Spanish language.
- Cultivate creative ways for the Church to provide base-level services that address obstacles for this demographic (time limits, transportation, childcare, food access, basic education).
- Form Catholic faith leaders and their communities so as to offer substantial forms of welcome that cultivate a sense of belonging for Hispanic/Latino Catholic youth and young adults.
- Help pastoral leaders develop and practice skills for negotiating conversations about difficult topics that young people care about, particularly those that touch on social justice issues.
- Give pastoral leaders what they need to become more comfortable celebrating cultures and welcoming their expression, particularly in intercultural parish settings.
- Help pastoral leaders gain skills for adaptation and change to address evolving situations.
- Develop new ways to support the domestic church and faith life outside the parish structure, at least beyond communal gathering for Mass.
- Provide new opportunities for Hispanic/Latino youth to strengthen the rest of the Church by evangelizing and sharing their faith.
- Give ministry leaders the knowledge, confidence, and humility needed to serve this population effectively.
- Maintains and updates all records, including an up-to-date database of participant information to be shared with the Development Office
- Assists with event and meeting planning in coordination with Guest Services for events including logistics, registration, and communications
- Manages program billing in conjunction with the Business Office
- Requests and tracks stipends and travel reimbursements
- Records minutes for Office for Hispanic and Latino Ministry events
- Maintains correspondence, internal and external
- Assists with inventories and purchases of program supplies
- Performs day-to-day office administrative responsibilities including but not limited to making and receiving phone calls and emails, database management, faxing, filing, copying, and mailing
Education: Associate’s in Business Administration or related field
Experience: At least 1 year experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Organizational, planning, budgeting, oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills in dealing with staff members, project representatives, and the public in general.
- Knowledge and proficiency in appropriate office computer programs and ability to learn new programs when necessary.
- Basic understanding of Catholic youth and young adult ministry and Church structure preferred
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the department.
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to email@example.com.