IPP Program Assistant/Guest Service Associate
Tuesday April 26
This position is a dual role working in our Guest Services Department and Institute for Priests and Presbyterates (IPP) department. This person will provide assistance with the implementation of department programs by helping set up, clean up, and ongoing needs.
In the Guest Services Associate role, you will be the primary ambassador by being the smiling face that provides friendly, welcoming, and efficient service to all guests. This position will be responsible for the switchboard, help with reservation details, workshop details, and assist guests with any needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Greet and assist anyone who enters or phones. Be courteous, extend hospitality, and address the needs of callers, guests, and visitors.
- Serve as a backup to the Administrative Coordinator in maintaining the operations of the office.
- Assist the Director and Administrative Coordinator in implementing excellent hospitality service during events, including but not limited to: setting up and cleaning up breaks and socials, setting up and maintaining meeting spaces for events, transporting food/supplies to/from Main Kitchen, and working with IT for setup of A/V equipment requested by presenters.
- Assist with registration and check-in for programs and workshops.
- Prepare workshop packets, name tags, guest room door tags, and meeting table tents
- Responsible for the operation of the switchboard.
- Operate digital paging system.
- Monitor accuracy of website content and calendar.
- Be available for flexible schedule during workshops and events.
- Other duties as determined by the IPP Director, Administrative Coordinator, and Director of Hospitality Services.
Education: High School, some college a plus
Experience: 3 months of experience in organizing events or customer service
Skills and Abilities:
- Hospitality and service experience is a plus.
- Requires an outgoing personality along with a service-minded attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, computer, communication, and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of (or openness to learning about) the Roman Catholic Church organizational system and structure.
- Able to climb stairs, set up tables and chairs, and do some lifting.
Apply online or email email@example.com.