Administrative Assistant for Hispanic & Latino Ministry
Tuesday September 20
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Program Director of the Office of Hispanic and Latino Ministry in carrying out the mission to enhance Saint Meinrad's ability to form Catholic leaders for ministry to and with Hispanic and Latino communities.
The Administrative Assistant will maintain and update records, assist with events, manage program billing, record minutes, maintain correspondence, and perform day-to-day office administrative responsibilities.
The ideal candidate would have an associate's degree in business administration or related field, at least 1 year of experience, be bilingual, and be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Maintains and updates all records, including an up-to-date database of participant information to be shared with the Development Office
- Assists with event and meeting planning in coordination with Guest Services for events, including logistics, registration, and communications
- Manages program billing in conjunction with the Business Office
- Requests and tracks stipends and travel reimbursements
- Records minutes for Office of Hispanic & Latino Ministry events
- Maintains correspondence, internal and external
- Assists with inventories and purchases of program supplies
- Performs day-to-day office administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to, making and receiving phone calls and emails, database management, faxing, filing, copying, and mailing
Education: Associate's in Business Administration or related field
Experience: At least 1 year of experience
Skills & Abilities
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Organizational, planning, budgeting, oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills in dealing with staff members, project representatives, and the public in general
- Knowledge and proficiency in appropriate office computer programs and ability to learn new programs when necessary
- Basic understanding of Catholic youth and young adult ministry and Church structure preferred
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of a growing department
Apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.