Program Director for Office of Hispanic & Latino Ministry
Tuesday September 20
The Program Director will lead the Office of Hispanic & Latino Ministry from within the Center of Youth and Young Adult Evangelization, aiming to enhance Saint Meinrad's ability to form leaders who can minister to and with Hispanic and Latino communities.
The Program Director will oversee development and growth of this grant-funded program, serve as the public face of the office, and work with school constituents and outside ministry partners to prioritize and coordinate efforts to fulfill the project goals.
The ideal candidate would have at least a bachelor's degree, preferably in theology, have at least 2 years' experience, be bilingual, and be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Work with the staff and faculty of various Saint Meinrad programs to assess and maximize the school's ability to form leaders who can serve the Hispanic and Latino Catholic community effectively.
- Oversee execution of all program activities.
- Serve as liaison with Seminary and School of Theology program directors.
- Serve as primary liaison with Lilly Endowment for this grant.
- Supervise and evaluate Administrative Assistant performance.
- Co-supervise and evaluate Communications Associate (with Director of Communications).
- Coordinate preparation and oversight of the budget.
- Oversee website content and function in collaboration with the Communications Associate.
- Communicate and collaborate with diocesan youth and young adult ministers at local, regional, and national levels.
- Oversee ongoing evaluation of the office using performance indicators in media, research, and current practices.
- Create a plan of sustainability to be implemented as the program progresses.
Education: At least a bachelor's degree, preferably in theology. Additional teaching opportunities available for those with doctoral training.
Experience: At least 2 years' experience. Experience in parish or campus youth/young adult ministry preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Skills for organization, planning, budgeting, and collaboration
- Strong communication skills in English and Spanish, both written and verbal (including presentations)
- Ability to network
- Creativity, flexibility, forward vision, positive empowerment of others
Apply online or email email@example.com.