Director of Center for Youth and Young Adult Evangelization
Tuesday September 20
The Director of the Center for Youth and Young Adult Evangelization provides vision and oversight for the programs and activities of the Center, including the One Bread, One Cup high school conferences and college internship, the Young Adult Initiative, and the Office of Hispanic and Latino Ministry.
Other possibly foreseen endeavors include domestic church programming, research and development work, young adult pilgrimages, and certification programs for those preparing for this kind of ministry. These works may take the form of direct service to youth and young adults, or formation of those responsible for the evangelization of youth and young adults.
The ideal candidate would have at least a master's degree in a theological field, at least 2 years' experience, and be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic planning, development, and evaluation of the Center's work.
- Provide appropriate staffing, leadership, and coordination for those directly responsible for programming.
- Coordinate preparation and monitoring of annual program budgets; monitor and report on grants.
- Represent the School of Theology at appropriate meetings and events, serving as primary liaison with Lilly Endowment Inc., NFCYM, and other national initiatives. Communicate and collaborate with diocesan ministers at local, regional, and national levels.
- Oversee website content and creation of other published information about the Center and its work.
- Approve scheduling of department events.
- Create symposia for ministry leaders to disseminate our findings and spark creativity in ministry with young people.
- Collaborate with other programs in the School to inform and enhance their understanding of best practices of ministry with youth and young adults.
One Bread, One Cup Duties & Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications
- Schedule and oversee execution of conferences in coordination with other school programming.
- Supervise College Ministerial Internship Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant and execution of internship.
- Prepare and oversee budget.
- Hire and evaluate summer catechists and staff (approximately 50 positions), and collaborate with CMIP Coordinator in hiring and evaluation of intern staff (20).
- Provide ongoing formation opportunities for adult participants during conferences.
- Oversee website content and social media presence in collaboration with Communications.
- Coordinate housing, meals, ID materials, program supplies, and hospitality needs for program staff, interns, and participants (approximately 450 people each summer).
- Oversee production of print/electronic materials
- Marketing and recruitment of conference participants, including representing at national, regional, diocesan, and local conferences and initiatives.
Education: Master's degree in theological area
Experience: At least 2 years' experience. Experience in parish/campus youth/young adult ministry preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with Church, with knowledge and appreciation of Roman Catholic tradition, its theological disciplines, and lay and ordained ministry.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of youth and young adult ministry, and wider Catholic cultural trends.
- Creativity and long-term strategic planning, budgeting, and financial management.
- Leadership and motivation/supervision of others.
- Ability to communicate persuasively the mission and values of Saint Meinrad.
Apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.