Director of Communications
Thursday June 8
Grow your career with Saint Meinrad Archabbey! We are looking for a creative communications professional who can build awareness of our organization and its mission. The successful candidate will create powerful stories and detailed engagement plans that maintain and increase awareness of our programs and services.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in creating content that will build and maintain a positive image for our organization. The Director of Communications will have experience developing and setting long-term strategy, managing multiple projects, and motivating people to support our mission. We need a strategic thinker who can spot potential narratives, develop engaging angles, and pitch stories effectively.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Oversee the production of printed, audio-video, social media and website materials for the Archabbey and its Seminary and School of Theology
- Participate on numerous committees
- Represent Saint Meinrad Archabbey at occasional events
- Proactively build new and existing relationships with local and regional news media
- Develop the annual communications/marketing plan to promote the organization
- Supervise the team that is responsible for all communication activities
- Help to develop and maintain department processes and reports
- Use data and analytics to measure the impact of our communications strategy and refine it over time
- Bachelor’s degree in communications with insight into public relations, marketing and the media
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in communications or public relations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Creative, clear, and captivating storyteller
- Robust strategic thinker and problem solver
- Proficient in PR tools and Microsoft Office products
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.