Monday April 8
Saint Meinrad Archabbey has a full-time opening for a Housekeeper. The typical week will be 40 hours, 8 hours per day. Typical hours will be 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. This schedule is subject to adjustment and will include some evening and/or weekend work in an effort to accommodate our arriving and departing guests.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The fundamental responsibility of a housekeeper is to keep Saint Meinrad Archabbey property in a clean and orderly condition.
Experience & Qualifications
- Clean offices, health service clinic & infirmary, conference rooms, lounges, classrooms, restrooms, guest rooms, dining rooms, gift shop, Abbey Caskets, certain monastery areas, etc.
- Clean all hallways, lobbies, entrances, courtyards, sidewalks, dining rooms, elevators, stairways, windows, window sills, and doors.
- Clean carpets, furniture, etc. using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty inside wastebaskets and recycling receptacles, as well as outside trash barrels.
- Restock linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies.
- Clean and wax floors using brooms, mops, and/or power scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Clean and check all HVAC vents.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Perform other work as requested.
- Must be able to work independently and have an ability to relate well with others.
- Medium physical requirements (i.e. light lifting, pushing, pulling) and constant standing/walking.
- Initiative and a quality focus are essential characteristics for this position.
- Requires reading, writing, basic math skills, and ability to learn basic computer software navigation.
- Ability to operate housekeeping mechanical cleaning equipment (scrubbers, burnishers, shampooers, etc.).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Human Resources (8329) no later than noon on Friday, May 3, 2019. If you know of someone who may be interested in being considered, he/she may apply at the Human Resources office or online at www.saintmeinrad.org/jobs. Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com.