Mail & Delivery Van Driver/Fleet Car Service Attendant
Tuesday April 2
Saint Meinrad Archabbey's Physical Facilities department is seeking a seasonal Mail & Delivery Van Driver/Fleet Car Service Attendant. The typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., from mid-March until mid-November.
The Mail & Delivery Van Driver picks up and delivers mail and other items to and from various locations at the Archabbey and the U.S. Post Office in St. Meinrad. The Fleet Car Service Attendant fuels, washes, and checks fluids, etc. on our fleet vehicles.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Pick up mail at the Post Office and deliver to Mail/Duplicating.
- Deliver mail from the Archabbey to the Post Office.
- Pick up and deliver UPS, FedEx and USPS packages from Mail/Duplicating to various locations.
- Empty the Post Office trash and recyclables weekly.
- As requested, pick up food items from the Archabbey Food Services department for delivery to the Gift Shop or other locations.
- Fuel and check fluid levels for Archabbey vehicles.
- Wash, wax and detail interior of at least one vehicle per day, as weather permits.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a valid State of Indiana driver's license.
- Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with little or no direction.
- Must be able to operate delivery truck safely in tight, congested locations and during inclement weather conditions. Also, must be able to operate cars, 15-passenger vans, pickups, large dump trucks and box trucks.
- Requires the ability to perform minor service on vehicles.
- Must be able to read, write, and follow oral directions.
- Must be able to load and unload items weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7 a.m.-3 p.m.). Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.