Wednesday November 20
The Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop and Scholar Shop have an opening for a part-time sales/stock clerk (approximately 14-16 hours per week). The sales/stock clerk provides high-quality service to customers in a pleasant, responsible, and efficient manner. Some weekend work is involved.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Customers: handling the work and sales to customers in a pleasant, responsible, and efficient manner to meet or exceed their needs, including greeting them when they arrive.
- Operating a cash register, computer, calculator and other machines related to the Gift Shop. Apply discounts where applicable.
- Having the knowledge to answer questions from the following categories:
- the Archabbey itself and its workings
- religious knowledge customers need to help them with their purchases
- merchandise sold in the Gift Shop and on the website
- traffic directions for travelers
- Pricing, stocking and displaying merchandise in the Gift Shop.
- Assist in the cleanliness of total shop.
- Shipping of product to customers as needed.
- Answer the telephone as needed.
- Assist in handling of website customers.
- Perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the manager.
- High school education or equivalent
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills, as well as basic understanding of computers
- Requires reading of materials to understand and apply content
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as numeric skills
- Must be creative in displaying merchandise and improving daily processes
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7 a.m.-3 p.m.). Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.