Students receive ministry of lector at Saint Meinrad
Friday, February 14, 2020
Twenty-one priesthood students from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology, St. Meinrad, IN, received the ministry of lector on February 13.
Twenty-one priesthood students from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology, St. Meinrad, IN, received the ministry of lector on February 13, in the Seminary’s St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel. Archbishop Charles Thompson, of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, installed the lectors.
The seminarians receiving the ministry were:
- Joseph D. Austin, Neil P. Blatchford and Andrew C. Crabtree, Diocese of Knoxville, TN
- Fraternus Mujwahuki Fidelis, OSB, Hanga Abbey
- Tyler J. Huber, Jose Carlos Neri and Jack W. Wright, Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Devereaux E. King, Archdiocese of Nassau, Bahamas
- Thomas R. LaPointe and Andrew S. Williams, Archdiocese of Mobile, AL
- Joseph Muithi Maundu, Fredrick Okwaro Ochieng, Cavine Odiwuor Okello and Cyrus Bull Samba, Glenmary Home Missioners
- Ha Van Nguyen and Tuan Van Nguyen, Diocese of Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
- Phillip D. Rogier, Diocese of Evansville, IN
- Oscar A. Romero Avelino, Diocese of Nashville, TN
- Deogratias Kalistus Satu, OSB, Mvimwa Abbey
- Hung Van Tran, Archdiocese of Hanoi, Vietnam
- John J. Wilebski III, Diocese of Crookston, MN
The ministry of lector is conferred upon those who prepare and proclaim readings from Scripture at Mass and other liturgical celebrations. A lector also may recite psalms between the readings and present the intentions for the general intercessions.