Tuesday May 18
Responsible to keep all areas in a clean and orderly condition. Dust, vacuum, remove trash, change linens, disinfect restrooms, clean floors, stairs, walls, lights, windows, furnishings and other work areas so that health, safety, and cleanliness standards are met. Be available for weekend work when required. Also be available for emergency cleaning anytime (i.e., plumbing or natural flood or accident; construction or repair work mess, etc.)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Required to carry a pager for timely response to a cleaning necessity and help with ever-changing environmental clean-up needs. Due to the campus-wide area of cleaning responsibility, full-time housekeepers will provide the cleaning leadership for part-time helpers.
- School Cleaning – Cleaning administration, faculty, development, and monastic offices, health services clinic, library, conference rooms, lounges, meeting rooms, theaters, classrooms and all school ancillary areas, as well as Gift Shop and Abbey Caskets.
- Guest Cleaning – Cleaning all guest rooms, offices, meeting, dining, campus houses and all other areas supporting guest services.
- Monastery Cleaning – Cleaning guest rooms, clean resident monks cell restrooms every two weeks, clean non-resident monk cell restroom monthly, auto-scrub the lower level and first-floor hallways and the slype weekly, auto scrub the refectory and the second- and third-floor hallway twice a week.
- Infirmary Cleaning – Daily clean all of the infirmary cells and their restrooms, auto scrub all floor space, kitchen/dining and nurses station. Bi-weekly clean offices, elevator lounge area, lobby and chapel.
Experience & Qualifications
- Using the reservation software, create and print daily housekeeping boards.
- Using the reservation software, daily mark all of the rooms clean.
- Clean all hallways, corridors, lobbies, entrances, courtyards, sidewalks, corridors, 3 dining rooms, elevators, stairways, windows, windowsills, doors.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty inside wastebaskets and recycling receptacles.
- Empty and clean outdoor ashtrays and trash receptacles. Transport to kitchen drive.
- Clean kitchen drive trash barrels quarterly.
- Restock linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Clean and check all HVAC vents.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Keep all equipment clean and in good working order.
- Polish door accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Remove debris and/or snow from entryways. Spread ice melt and see that containers are replenished as needed.
- Stock and replace light bulbs.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, pillows and bathroom items.
- Use washing machines when necessary; fold dried items.
- Place clean linens in assigned linen closets.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Request repair services (work order), paper, cardboard pickup.
- Deliver refrigerators, ironing boards, and rollaway beds to guests' rooms per request.
- Disinfect public restrooms and guest bathrooms.
- Hang draperies, and dust window blinds, clean all glass.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Report damage, theft, and found articles.
- Return dishes and other items left behind (offices, guest rooms, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.).
- Prepare rooms for meetings, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Assist in cleaning Infirmary (nursing home) rooms, Belvedere (dining), and office.
- Politely help guests in any way needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as running errands. May work in other areas within the Physical Facilities Department.
- Must have ability to read, write, and use basic arithmetic and grammar.
- Knowledge would normally be acquired in high school or trade school.
- Reading skills – requires reading of general information or short instructions (such as lists, notes, or labels).
- Writing skills – required to use basic writing skills to accomplish such tasks as completing forms or communicating instructions.
- Computer skills – Basic computer skills to send and receive company email and to use the reservation software to create and print the daily housekeeping needs.
- Numeric skills – basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Communication – primarily contact with other co-workers to accomplish job responsibilities and to assist guests with directions.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work independently and have an ability to relate well with others.
- Ability to operate housekeeping mechanical cleaning equipment (scrubbers, burnishers, shampooers, etc.).
- Required to have State of Indiana valid driver’s license.
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop.
A cover letter and resume may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Saint Meinrad Archabbey
Human Resources Dept.
200 Hill Drive
St. Meinrad, IN 47577